Most of the people opt for WordPress due to its advanced features and plugins but maintaining the blog in WordPress is expensive and especially in GoDaddy. We started our blog Kernaltech in Godaddy self-hosting because it is very cheaper and gives unlimited storage and we kept high-quality content on our blog, but the site couldn’t reach on top due to slow server connection it takes much time to respond. The server response time is very high, and most of the time it’s showing 404 files not found. So we thought to shift our site from WordPress to Blogger.
- The server response time is excellent. So your site is very fast to load.
- It will come with Analytics.
- The website is easy to handle and repair.
- No need to pay any fees it’s completely free.
Note: Slower the website means to lower the SERP rankings.
How to Migrate from WordPress to Blogger
- Step1: First take the backup of all the posts, pictures, plugins and themes (this can’t happen in Godaddy shared hosting)
- Step 2: After completing backup go to tools and select export tool. WordPress to Blogger
- Step 3: Export all the content from your website.
- Step 4: Convert your WordPress XML file to blogger format by using this tool
- Step 5: After conversion import the file in blogger>>Settings>>Other>> Import content.
- Step 6: That’s it completed, and your website is ready.
But after importing all your content, you may lose your traffic because maximum WordPress users 70/100 keep their URL structure as their post title name but the URL in blogger will appear with the date. We can’t remove the date. So we have to redirect the old URL to new blogger URL.
How We Redirected WordPress post with Blogger post
Follow the below steps to redirect your WordPress URL to blogger URL.
- Go to your webmaster tools.
- Go to crawl errors in the crawl error you can find the not found URLs.
- We have to redirect all the not found URLs(404).
- Go to Blogger.com>>Dashboard>>Settings>>Search Preferences
- In the search preferences, you will find errors and redirections.
- Go to custom redirect and fill with from and to URLs.
Note: The redirect should be permanent redirection (301) for better results.
Choosing blogger was better than shifting to another WordPress site. You have to move your blog to WordPress in future but shifting keeping directly in WordPress is the best option. If you don’t have that much money then go to blogger. Don’t choose any cheap shared hosting for the WordPress. Thanks for reading our article if you have any doubts ask us on comment session.