The Main advantages of Blogger over WordPress
- The server response time is very good. So your site is very fast to load.
- Analytics are already loaded inbuilt.
- The website is easy to handle and repair.
- No need to pay any fees it’s completely free.
Note: Slower the website means to lower the SERP rankings.
How to Migrate from WordPress to Blogger
- Step1: First take the backup of all the posts, pictures, plugins and themes (this can’t happen in Godaddy shared hosting)
- Step 2: After completing backup go to tools and select export tool. WordPress to Blogger
- Step 3: Export all the content from your website.
- Step 4: Convert your WordPress XML file to blogger format by using this tool
- Step 5: After conversion import the file in blogger>>Settings>>Other>> Import content.
- Step 6: That’s it completed and your website is ready.
How We Redirected WordPress post with Blogger post
Follow the below steps to redirect your WordPress URL to blogger URL.
- Go to your webmaster tools.
- Go to crawl errors in the crawl error you can find the not found URLs.
- We have to redirect all the not found URLs(404).
- Go to Blogger.com>>Dashboard>>Settings>>Search Preferences
- In the search preferences, you will find errors and redirections.
- Go to custom redirect and fill with from and to URLs.
Note: The redirect should be permanent redirection (301) for better results.
Choosing blogger was better but shifting to another WordPress site was better. You have to shift your blog to WordPress in future but shifting before only or keeping directly in WordPress is best If you don’t have that much money then go to blogger. Don’t choose any cheap shared hosting for the WordPress. Thanks for reading our article if you have any doubts ask us on comment session.