Does Facetime Use Data?
Coming to the above question does facetime use data? Yes, Facetime uses data without data it is impossible to transfer data from one phone to another phone. So it should need some data or wifi to transfer the video or audio.
AFacetime is the only available app for Apple users due to security. Most of the people use Skype instead of facetime because it was not available on Android and other operating systems. The facetime is available for Apple devices, and it is easy to sign in by using Apple user id and it is entirely free
How to check data usage on your iPhone/iPad:
Step1: Launch the Facetime App.
Step2: Call any one of your friend or known person.
Step3: Go to recent on your facetime app
Step4: Click on the info button which will be there on the right side in the recent tab.
Step5: There you will get the detailed information.
How to check overall data usage on your iPhone/iPad
For this process, you have to turn ON your cellular data.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Cellular Data
- Below you will observe the overall data usage by the Apps. By this, you will get the overall data usage of the apps not only for the Facetime but also for all other apps.
Advantages of Facetime over Skype
- The Facetime is very lite to use.
- You can make calls (or) Video calls to any device using the front camera.
- Facetime uses fewer data when compared to any software, especially Skype.
- Facetime is the default app given by Apple.
Disadvantages of Facetime
- It was available only for Apple products. That’s why most of the people are switching to Skype.
- You will experience low quality when the internet speed is slow (not too much).